Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snowboarding

Snowboard looking down from chairlift

View up chairlift 5

Yesterday was a gorgeous day up on Mt. Spokane. I spent the day on the bunny hill trying to figure out how to do complete turns on my board, and Dr. H and one of our friends got to go mess around on some bigger slopes. I'm a bit sore today, but nothing like I was the first time I went out. I fell significantly less and I managed to make a few complete turns. I call it a successful day! To make it even better, the clouds parted for the day to reveal a stunning view: lakes, distant snow-capped mountains, and miles and miles of snow covered pine trees. 

View from top of bunny slope
lake and distant mountains
Bottom of bunny slope
I'm now ready to venture out into other snow parks. And I am thoroughly sick of the bunny hill. So next weekend: bring it 49 degrees north!

No comments:

Post a Comment