Saturday, June 18, 2011

More Gardens: Native Plant Garden

Weed Eating

Native Plant Garden Beds

Garden Beds Prepped and Grass Cut

Tools
I just can't get enough manual labor! I love it! :) With the help of my dear Papa who was visiting us all the way from Puerto Rico this past week, I have put in a new Native Plant Garden in the Dishman Hills Natural Area. Getting this garden ready to be planted involved a fair amount of weed wacking, hand-tilling and swear words. The planting though, was a total success. I had a class of around 25 second graders join me in planting on Wednesday morning, and their excitement and pleasure in getting to play in the dirt made all the hard work completely worth it. If you are around the area, go check it out! And pull a few weeds while you're at it.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of work, but now we need the after shots. The ones with the plants in place you know. The big reveal shots!!!

    ReplyDelete