Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkins, Farms, and Autumnal Outtings

It was a beautiful chilly October day when Dr. H and I drove out into farm country in search of the perfect pumpkin. Instead of one, we found three of them! We also found some delicious caramel corn, and a million other people who had had the same idea for how to spend their Sunday. Lucky for us we had beat the church crowd, and were happily munching on our snacks and  speeding down the two lane road when the throngs of people really started to pour in. The road out was free and clear, the road in was in a state of gridlock reminiscent of the 5 freeway in LA at rush hour. It was a strange thing to see in that rural little town.
Now, pumpkin carving is one of my very favorite holiday activities. I'm not much into the fake blood and creepy scenes associated with Halloween, but I'm a big fan of low-pressure art projects and candy. I also love roasted pumpkin seeds, and I'm a bit of a mess-maker at heart. So Hurray for Halloween! As long as they don't decompose too soon, these three little guys will greet trick-or-treaters on our front porch. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the teeth Autumn oh and the line "I'm a big fan of low-pressure art projects and candy."

    Yeah yeah, me too!

    ReplyDelete