Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Seattle Overnight

Dr. H and I took a quick trip to Seattle over the weekend to visit with my bestie, and eat some delicious ethnic food we can't really get this side of the hills. We drank in Seattle's legendary rainy, low-60's weather, and sipped fabulous fall drinks made of pumpkin and magic. In the down time between meals and drinks, we managed to walk around a ton, visit a few cool music shops, and visit the Seattle Locks. The locks, in case you're not in the know, is basically a fancy elevator for boats going from one lake to another of a different elevation. At the locks there is also a fish ladder and viewing area where we got to see tons of salmon making their pilgrimage, and a HUGE seal eating our fishy friends.  Definitely a cool unexpected place to visit. Even though I lived in Seattle for college, I really don't feel like I know the city at all. I guess that just means I have some more exploring to do on my next visit!



No comments:

Post a Comment