Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Belated Weekend

My weekend in brief:  Busy, Physically demanding, Crowded, Tasty and Cleanly. This weekend was a whirlwind of activity. Dr. H had his golden weekend (a whole weekend off. gasp!) and we used this time to complete our holiday shopping, get our gifts wrapped and in the mail to friends and family in distant lands, go snowboarding (my first time. LOVED IT), bottle our first batch of beer, and bake up some super cute gingerbread houses. To glue the houses together I used Rachel's brilliant idea from over at HeartofLight. It was definitely a bit scary, but those suckers are stuck for life! Fun Fun Fun~ Last night we had a couple of friends over to decorate the gingerbread houses. It was so much fun, and the houses all came out so cute!

 And because our house is patrolled by a hungry kitty, our houses have to spend most of the time safely hidden inside the oven. What a lovely display case.

 Now my house is clean and trimmed, I'm redonkulously sore, and I have a nice pot of mushroom leek soup simmering on the stove for dinner. I'm digging this domestic DIY holiday.

1 comment:

  1. Awww you are turning into a super cute Martha Stewart-Euell Gibbons hybrid!

    ReplyDelete