Sunday, December 12, 2010

O Christmas Tree

This big guy was too cute not to take  home with us. I'm a sucker for tall, gangly men, er... trees!
I love how sparse this tree is. It brings a very woodsy feel to my house.  It is an alpine pine, and was harvested from below power lines. Usually the areas below power lines are basically clear cut, and the trees are discarded and left to rot, or are harvested for firewood.  Most Christmas Trees come from tree farms, and a few are thinned out of overgrown forests. Taking trees from under power lines was a new idea to me, and it seems like a pretty inspired one.


I also found a bunch of new (to me) ornaments from a cute antique store.  Bonus: they are made of wood so my crazy cat cannot break them! Not the best pictures, but you get the idea.

1 comment: