Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Flower Tragedy

Today was the first time in a long while that I felt compelled to bust out my sunglasses. A lovely sunny day in good ol' Spokane. Out in my garden, I found some long-buried green shoots on some of the more robust of my perennials (so robust, in fact, that these babies aren't even planted in the ground and are still revving to go).
Mystery Perennial


To celebrate this beautiful spring-like day, I decided to treat myself with a flower. While at the market I spied a bucket full of gorgeous orangey-pink roses and just couldn't resist.
Rose and Winter Grass

Rose in the Sunshine
While basking in the rare rays of sunlight, I leaned over to inspect a tenacious pansy, and...Disaster!

Tragic
My poor rose broke off just below the bloom. So much for my visions of the flower's long stem gracefully arcing along the curve of my favorite vase. A bit broken hearted I trudged into the house to see if I could salvage the situation. I knew no amount of crazy glue could undo the damage I had wrought to the poor vascular system of my rose, but I still had my bloom and was determined to display it!
Rose in Glass Teapot

It is not exactly what I had in mind when I bought it, but this little pop of orange in my living room still makes me smile.


 **********************************************************************

PS. I have also found that the discarded stem makes a great cat toy! yay for looking on the bright side. Don't worry, there are no thorns.
Monty with Stem

No comments:

Post a Comment