Friday, January 7, 2011

Thanks a lot New Years resolutions!

Yesterday I decided to kill two resolutions with one stone, and join a meet-up group for some outdoor fun. This outdoor fun was snowshoeing, and boy was I not ready for the intensity of this casual "little hike". Did you know that snowshoeing in powder, in hilly terrain while using poles can burn as much as 680 calories an hour for a person my size? Well, I hiked for four hours yesterday. So now I am officially skinny :) And SORE! Honestly, I am finding it very difficult to do simple activities: like walking. Unfortunately, I can still manage to eat, so this skinny feeling will not last too long. This soreness is also making it difficult for me to keep another of my resolutions: getting good at snowboarding. Ah well...it is raining and above freezing outside, so snowboarding probably wasn't going to happen today anyway. There is always tomorrow though!

No comments:

Post a Comment