Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Boo!

I am frustrated. My darling sewing machine has decided that it is fun to break the upper thread and eat my fabric every ten inches or so. I have tried adjusting the tension and all the other trouble shooting things I could think of, but alas, it is still misbehaving. I guess I am just going to have to take it in to get serviced. It is really a bummer too, because I am finally back in a crafting mood.

The other day I made this lovely little piece of paper crafting genius.


This art form is commonly called Scherenschnitte meaning, you guessed it, paper cutting. The English translation (according to some online translator) is literally "shearing cuts". I guess it is probably closer to "scissor cuts". However you say it, this art form is fun, challenging, and creates some beautiful simple art. It is also the cheapest craft I like. All I need is paper and an exacto blade. So since my sewing machine is on the fritz, I guess I will be scherenshnitte-ing for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I messed up a craft I was working on recently and yelled, "Holy Scherenshnitte!" ...that's not true, I had never heard of this paper magic, but it will be from now on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo... Hoo! I'm sorry to hear about the sewing machine. My seasoned and life experience advice to you is... Take the thing to a shop today. Don't wait!

    ReplyDelete