Thursday, November 18, 2010

Snow I'm Not Kidding!

This morning I was roused out of my peaceful slumber by Dr. H yelling, "Snow!" in the other room. In my dreamy state, I thought he was yelling, "NO!" and I imagined the horrors our cat Monty must have committed to elicit such a big reaction that early in the morning. Luckily, Monty had only misbehaved a little in the night, and Dr. H was excited, not angry. There were a good 2-3 inches of powdery wintry precipitation covering the world outside my window, and it stayed there until around 10:30 this morning when it got a bit warmer and the stuff started to melt.




I have known since we moved here that we live on a hill (yes I am observant!), but until this morning I didn't really realize how much of an elevation gain there is between my house and the city at the bottom of the hill. This fact came to light today when I drove from our snowy abode down the hill where the snow abruptly stopped. There was nothing on the ground, and I was the only car coated in snow. I actually got a few looks from other drivers ostensibly wondering where this all came from. So increased snowfall is another reason to like living on a hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment