Monday, November 1, 2010

Ski Swap, Halloween and Sore Muscles.

So this post is basically a little weekend update. In my last post I bragged about being up (comparatively) early, and going to yoga. The thing about yoga is, I haven't hadn't gone to a class in a little over a year. While I was pleased to discover that I was pretty much able to keep up with the class while we were there, I was totally unprepared for how sore I would be afterward. I mean OH- MY- GOODNESS! I am sore in places that I didn't even realize I had muscles to get sore: like on my ribs. It is kind of good to be sore though. It reminds me that I did some real work!

In addition to yoga on Saturday, Dr. H and I went to the annual Spokane Ski Swap. This is a very cool event. How it works is this: people sell their old ski/snowboard equipment to the swap on Friday, then the swap opens on Saturday and Sunday and re-sells all that stuff at great prices. Dr. H and I both got outfitted with downhill skis, boots and poles for less than $80 each, and I got a snowboard and boots and bindings for $50! Unheard of! We also got ourselves some snowshoes, so bring on the snow! Since I am still looking for work, this expenditure is a bit stressful for me, but I'm calling it Christmas come early, and it makes me feel a little better.

And finally, Halloween.  It is officially interview season for medical students and residency programs, and Dr. H's residency plans "get-to-know-you" dinners the night before every interview day. Last night was our first. I refuse to give up the opportunity to get dressed up for Halloween, so I went to this dinner dressed as a talking doll. My costume was complete with pull string, and I have to say I felt pretty cute.

Hurray for Holidays! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow Autumn! You gonna do the snow thing. I hate the snow... It's soooo COLD! I like the cocoa though. Remember i always stayed in the car... Well after I was done sledding my turn that is.

    The Talking Doll costume is fantastico! I shall remember it next year.

    ReplyDelete