Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The thermometer is hovering around 30 degrees this morning, and a thin layer of frost is coating the world outside my window. On mornings like this I am grateful to be able to snuggle up inside my house with a cup of coffee and a book. My reading material of choice today is "Three Cups of Tea"by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. I am not going to offer a true review of this book; but I will say that if you are at all interested in education, mountain climbing, Middle Eastern politics, or philanthropy, then this is a book you should read.
In other news, I'm on a sewing machine hunt today. I found a little shop here that specializes in Bernina sewing machines (aka extremely fancy machines), and they sell used machines! I'm going to go check it out to see if I could possibly get a high-end machine at a low-end price. I'm really interested in getting a machine that will last for a long long time. I'll definitely be more willing to get a machine serviced if I know it is worth more than the cost of servicing. I also have some more work to do out in the yard (darn those pesky leaves), and I have a nice clean canvas prepped and ready for my brushes. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment