Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Holy Fold-Up-Grocery-Bag!

In looking over my previous posts, I get the feeling that my readers have probably formed the idea that all I do is cook and eat. Actually, that's not too far from the truth. Throw in some reading, some house cleaning (damn those never ending dishes), and a half-day of crafting here and there and you've got a pretty good idea of how I spend my time.
Today was a craft day. Well, IS a craft day. I am in the grip of the craft muse and have a craft to-do list as long as this post. Now if my equipment would only cooperate I could be very productive. Instead, my tools seem to be conspiring against me. My sewing machine has thrice, THRICE eaten my fabric, and my cat keeps stealing my pencils. There is also the tiny little issue that my construction abilities pale before my design abilities. This means that things always look better in my head than they do in real life. My stitches aren't even close to perfect and my measurements always seem to be off. Sheesh! Anyway, even with these technical difficulties I have been able to make one usable item today.
It is a reusable grocery bag.
As you have probably guessed by my previous posts, I am trying to be eco-chic. Carrying my own grocery bag when I go shopping is one of the easiest ways I have found to reduce waste. It also reduces the time I spend trying to figure our where to store all those plastic bags. (Actually I have a good craft for that. But it will have to wait for another day). Most of the time I use regular old cloth bags that I just ball up and throw into the backseat, but sometimes I am out and have not thought to bring those bags with me.

In steps this little beauty. It folds up see? And can fit inside my purse so I will never be without a bag. This design is an amalgamation of a couple different designs I have seen, so don't go hating on me for not making it up. That leaf, however, is all mine!
Now...If only I had more thread....

1 comment:

  1. Okay... I send you wishes for more thread and less cat interference. Dad says you are to make me a new bag and put an apple pie in it for him!!!

    The bag is CUTE!!
    And so is the cat!

    ReplyDelete