Monday, September 13, 2010

Personal Victories, Near Escapes, and Apples

Yesterday Dr. Husband and I went on our longest-ever bike ride: 22 miles! I know true biking enthusiasts will not be impressed by that number. For me, however, it was a breakthrough. We biked on the Trail of the Couer D'Alenes, and it is beautiful! See?

On this ride we saw some interesting wildlife. I saved the life of a small turtle and almost ran over a tiny king snake. In retaliation the little snake tried to bite me, but I was too fast!

So the total mileage for the weekend was around 32 miles. Needless to say, I am a bit sore. I'm also a little behind schedule as far as apple butter goes because I had a meeting this morning out in Coeur D'Alene with the Kootenai Environmental Alliance. I am on the planning committee for their upcoming fundraiser: Junk 2 Funk fashion show. I'm doing decor (Yay!) and I'm in charge of the silent auction (slightly more subdued Yay!). In any case, this is getting me out of the house and forcing me to use my creativity for good and not evil. Anyhow,  I have peeled, cored, and cooked around 10 pounds of apples. Only 24 pounds to go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment